On November 2, 2009, Malwarebytes accused rival IObit of incorporating the database of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (and several products from other vendors, which were not named) into its security software IObit Security 360. IObit denied the accusation and stated that the database is based on user submissions, and sometimes the same signature names that are in Malwarebytes get placed in the results. They said that they did not have time to filter out the signature names that are similar to Malwarebytes. IObit also stated that Malwarebytes did not have convincing proof, and promised that the databases were not stolen. After the declaration from IObit, Malwarebytes replied that they are not convinced of the argument from IObit. Malwarebytes claims to have served DMCA infringement notices against CNET, and Majorgeeks in order to have the download sites remove the IObit software. IObit said that as of version 1.3, their database has been updated to address those accusations of intellectual property theft made earlier by Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes combines powerful new technologies built to seek out, destroy, and prevent malware infections.
Malwarebytes 3.0 is the next-gen security program that protects you from the most advanced (zero-day) threats, making antivirus obsolete. Malwarebytes 3.0 combines all of our malware-fighting technology – anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protection into one program that scans 4x faster than previous versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.
- Protects you from advanced (zero-day) threats, including ransomware, so you can surf the Web without worry
- Removes all traces of malware for complete safety
- Removes potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that make your computer run poorly
- Scans fast so you don’t have to sit around and wait for your security to finish working
- Easy to use, just set it and forget it
- Can replace antivirus or run alongside other antivirus programs