Adobe Flash Player Mac
- Press the command key on your keyboard and hit the space bar to open Apple’s Spotlight app.
- Type Flash Player and open the System Preference with that name.
- Click on the Updates tab.
- Click on the Check Now button.
- If an update needs to be installed, the software will prompt you.
- Open Safari, and choose Safari > Preferences. …
- Click the Websites tab and scroll down to the Plug-ins section. …
- Click the check box to enable Flash Player. …
- Select a setting to use for Flash Player when you visit other websites.
Over 600,000 Mac users installed the fake update to Adobe Flash thinking it was valid, thereby infecting their machines with malware. The problem of identifying whether a Flash update notice is legitimate is a common concern among many users, but there are ways you can tell if that Flash Player update is real
Adobe Flash Player (labeled Shockwave Flash in Internet Explorer and Firefox) is freeware for using content created on the Adobe Flash platform, including viewing multimedia contents, executing rich Internet applications, and streaming audio and video.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Look for “Adobe Flash Player.”
- Click Check for update.
- If you see “Component not updated” or “Component updated,” you’re on the latest version.
- Go back to the page with the Flash content. If it doesn’t open automatically, at the top left, click Reload .
Adobe Flash Player. Adobe Flash Player is software used to stream and view video, audio and multimedia and Rich Internet Applications (RIA) on a computer or supported mobile device. Flash Player was originally created by Macromedia, but is now developed and distributed by Adobe Systems Inc.
see more Mac OSX Software